How can I get better benefits?
Medicare Advantage plans replace Medicare Parts A & B and often offer additional benefits such as vision and dental coverage. Also known as Medicare Part C, these plans can be an excellent choice for seniors who know they will need a particular type of care that is not covered by Original Medicare.
But when do you enroll in Medicare Advantage?
You can sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan during your initial enrollment period, when you first qualify for Medicare. However, if you’ve already enrolled in Original Medicare and want to make changes to your coverage later, or if you already have Medicare Advantage but are interested in exploring other plans, there are a few times a year when you are eligible to do so.Learn More
When can I enroll in Medicare Advantage?
You can sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan if any of the following conditions apply:
- You qualify for Medicare and it’s your first time signing up.
- You want to make a change during the Annual Enrollment Period at the end of the year.
- A 5-star Medicare Advantage plan becomes available in your area.
- You’re eligible for a Special Enrollment Period due to relocation or another qualifying circumstance.
Additionally, if you already have a Medicare Advantage plan but you’d like to switch to one that offers different pricing or coverage options, you may do so during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period from January 1 – March 31 each year.
Medicare, and your ability to make changes to your coverage, can be confusing. If you need help determining your eligibility, give us a call or send us a quick message.Contact Us
- You can enroll in Medicare Advantage during your Initial Enrollment Period, when you first qualify for Medicare.
- You can change from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage or switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another during the Annual Enrollment Period (October 15 - December 7).
- If you are already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you can switch to a different one during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (January 1 - March 31).
- If a 5-star Medicare Advantage plan is available in your area, you may switch to it at any time, although this can only be done once per year.
- Other circumstances may qualify you to change your Medicare coverage as part of a Special Enrollment Period.