Find Comprehensive Medicare Advantage Plans in Plano, TX
Get Comprehensive Senior Health Care in the Plano, TX Area
Sometimes, it can feel like your Original Medicare (Parts A and B) coverage is a bit lacking. Like a bag of chips that’s mostly air, it just doesn’t go as far as you’d like. Sure, it’ll cover medical visits and hospital stays, but the burden for things like dental care, glasses, and even prescription medication is left squarely on your shoulders. Fortunately, there’s an alternative.
Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans, several of which may be available near you, offer coverage that Original Medicare doesn’t. Need hearing aids? Fillings? A gym membership? Even grocery delivery? The right Medicare Advantage plan might be able to help. If Medicare Advantage isn’t right for you, Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage and Medicare Supplemental Insurance (Medigap) plans are also available.
- Do you qualify for Medicare coverage? You may benefit from a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Medicare Advantage plans can offer benefits Original Medicare (Parts A and B) don’t, like dental and vision coverage.
- Want to explore Medicare plans near Plano, TX? MedicareInsurance.com can help!
The Perks of Part C
Medicare Advantage is a type of government subsidized private insurance. Private insurers, many of which you may already be familiar with, take on the burden of managing Medicare plans from the federal government. This saves the government money, and grants beneficiaries access to their insurer’s provider network and benefits program. In fact, many Medicare Advantage plans are available with $0 premiums.
As a government program, all insurers are required to provide the same benefits as Original Medicare. However, to entice seniors into signing up, they also offer some extra benefits of their own. No two plans are exactly the same, and benefits and availablity will vary depending on your exact location, but here are some perks commonly found in Medicare Advantage plans.
- Dental coverage, including dentures, implants, and regular cleanings.
- Hearing aids.
- Eye exams and glasses.
- Assistance paying for groceries.
- Access to gyms across the country through SilverSneakers.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments via shuttle or ridesharing.
- Specialized coverage for specific conditions like diabetes and heart disease (in select Special Needs Plans).
Am I Eligible for Medicare?
Medicare eligibility can be a bit strict. To help, here’s a quick overview of each enrollment period.
- Initial Enrollment Period (IEP): The first time you can enroll in Medicare. It typically lasts for seven months, starting three months before your 65th birthday month and ending three months after. If you’re eligible for Medicare due to a disability, your IEP starts three months before and ends three months after your 25th month of disability.
- Annual Enrollment Period (AEP): This period allows you to make changes to your Medicare coverage. It runs from October 15 to December 7 each year. During the AEP, you can switch between Original Medicare (Part A and Part B), Medicare Advantage (Part C), or Medicare prescription drug plans (Part D).
- Open Enrollment Period (OEP): The OEP occurs from January 1 to March 31 each year. It gives Medicare Advantage plan holders an opportunity to make changes to their coverage. You can switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan or return to Original Medicare during this period
- Special Enrollment Period (SEP): This is a unique enrollment period available to individuals who experience certain life events that affect their Medicare coverage. Examples of qualifying events include moving to a new address, losing creditable prescription drug coverage, or losing other health insurance. SEP allows you to make changes to your Medicare coverage outside the regular enrollment periods.
Additionally, there is a Special Enrollment Period connected to 5-Star rated Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Special Enrollment Period for 5-Star rated Medicare Advantage Plans: If you’re currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan and a 5-Star rated Medicare Advantage plan becomes available in your area, you have a one-time opportunity to switch to that plan. This Special Enrollment Period occurs from December 8 to November 30 of the following year. You can only make one switch during this period, and the 5-Star rating system helps identify high-quality plans.
Remember to review the specific rules and guidelines associated with each enrollment period to ensure you understand your options and make informed decisions regarding your Medicare coverage. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call one of our licensed agents for more information!
Find a Medicare Plan Near Plano, TX
Whether this is your first Medicare rodeo, or if you’ve been around the block a few times, MedicareInsurance.com is here to help. We offer a plethora of tools to help you make an informed decision, from our free benefits comparison tool to our database of FAQ articles designed to answer any questions you may have.
When you’re ready to take the next step on your Medicare journey, give us a call. We’ve got your back every step of the way.Email Us