Take a look at the following writing prompts and choose which one you think best applies to your situation. Have an essay in mind? Great! Write it, send it to us, get the opportunity to share your story with the world and earn funds to support your education.
- Few concepts hit more closely to home than the idea of relating to others, especially the ones we love most. Share with us a true personal experience that helped you better appreciate seniors or older generations as a whole. It can be an anecdote about beloved relatives, people you’ve provided care for personally, or a stranger you just happened to meet one day. Nonfiction only please!
- What is one important lesson you’ve learned from your academic experiences? How did this lesson help you to better understand your chosen industry? This is your opportunity to tell us how your chosen field of study has helped you grow both professionally and personally.
- What do you think is the most important factor of modern elderly care or elderly wellness? Do you feel this factor gets enough awareness in the general community or within your professional field? Why or why not?
What are the guidelines for essay entry?
Applications for this scholarship open on February 1st, 2022. Entries must be submitted by April 15, 2022. Scholarships will be awarded by June 1st, 2022 via check distributed directly to your school or training program.*
Essay submission should be between 500-1000 words and cover one of the three aforementioned essay topics (whichever you choose).
Eligibility Requirements and Official Rules
If you are a high school senior who is soon headed to college or university, eligible participants will be considered based on the following factors:
- Volunteer and leadership history
- Recommendations from teachers and/or school counselors
If you are currently enrolled in an educational program that is in a traditional collegiate medical field, you must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Must possess a cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be enrolled full-time in a health profession school, complementary, and/or alternative medicine program
If you’re currently striving towards a licensure via non-collegiate training program, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Must have completed and been accepted for your Application for Official Licensure
- Must possess a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
More details regarding Official Scholarship Rules and Regulations can be found here.
Coming Soon: Check out the Winner’s Circle!
At MedicareInsurance.com, we like to share the spotlight. As such, we’ll be sharing the winning scholarship essay right here on our site! Be sure to check back in a few months to see your writing, or the writing of your peers, in all its digitally published glory.
*By submitting an application, you guarantee, represent and warrant that:
– You have the legal right to post content and it does not violate any law.
– If you are under 18 at the time of the submission, you must provide Sponsor with a signed notarized release by your parent or legal guardian granting you permission to participate in this contest and agreeing to all terms and conditions of the Official Scholarship Award Rules. The sponsors of this contest are in no way liable for your failure to obtain permission to participate in this contest. If the Sponsors learn that you were under 18 at the time of the submission and you fail to provide Sponsor with a signed notarized release by your parent or legal guardian, your entry will be disqualified. If your parent or legal guardian refuses to give you permission, DO NOT participate.